Presentation Strategist & Designer
We at DeckRooster are a tiny team of strategists and designers who love working with startups on helping create captivating investor and sales decks (known as presentations to the layperson!). We typically work on a project for a month which includes several calls with the founders, storyboarding, creating a skeleton and finally executing the presentation (1.0, 1.1, 1.2… you know the drill).
Since the past three years we have had the opportunity to work with some exciting startups backed by large fishes (a.k.a VCs) such as Goldman Sachs, Accel, Sequoia, Blume etc. What this also means is that we get to work with some of the smartest founders of the country. Sometimes we are discussing the future of Bitcoins, impact of Plastics-to-Fuel technology, challenges faced by large retail chains or why India needs another startup accelerator. Cross-breeding of ideas is inevitable!
Before we carry on further to have you over on our side, we would like you to take a look at some of our work:
We write this because we plan on expanding our team from being tiny to small. It is a big step for us and we want to make sure you too understand well if working with us could fit in your long-term goals. At work, we shall address each other on first name basis but you can tell the world that you are applying for the position of a Presentation Strategist & Designer.
Design thinking, strategising and executing cannot be separated in our work. Here is what you would be expected to do:
- Understand the pitch and create an engaging visual storyboard for the presentation
- Develop a design theme by researching the science behind user-centric designs, fonts, sizes, infographics, colour schemes etc.
- And graphic design itself, while constantly toggling between macro (overall layout) and micro (each slide)
We are looking for designers who can think. If you love startups then that’s an additional bonus! The work would be far from monotonous and you would be able to observe a significant shift in your design thinking, as we have. Reach out to us if you fit some, or even better, all of these:
- Visual and Graphic Designer (this one is a must)
- Qualification/Degree in arts or design is preferable but not mandatory
- Any work experience (0-6y) in information design would be wonderful
- A visual storyteller
- Constantly learning new things!
If you would like to become part of this tiny (soon to become small) team, then waste no time and send us a few undermentioned things at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Your resume: help us know you better!
- A work sample: Anything that you feel would make your pitch (get used to the startup terminology!) more convincing to work with us.
You can always pair it with a personalised message telling why you’d like to work with us.
P.S.- You shall be required to work at our Chandigarh office, five days a week (we work hard to keep our weekends free). If you plan to move in from a different city, we can help and guide with the moving logistics.